Rob Lowe Age, Height, Wife, Net Worth: Robert Hepler Lowe is an American actor, filmmaker, and podcast host. He made his acting debut at the age of 15 with ABC’s short-lived sitcom A New Kind of Family.
Rob Lowe Age, Height, Wife, Net Worth
|Real Name||Robert Hepler Lowe|
|Date of Birth||17 March 1964|
|Age||58 years old|
|Birthplace||Charlottesville, Virginia, United States|
|Net Worth||$100 Million|
Robert Hepler Lowe was born in Charlottesville, Virginia, on March 17, 1964. His mother worked as a teacher, and his father was a trial lawyer. He has a younger brother, Chad. He was baptized into the Episcopal church, and raised in Dayton, Ohio, where he attended Oakwood Junior High School. After his parents divorced, Lowe moved with his brother and mother to the Point Dume area of Malibu, California, where he attended Santa Monica High School.
Lowe met Sheryl Berkoff for the first time on a blind date in 1983, and then again on the set of the film “Bad Influence”. They married in 1991, and have two sons together. In 1988, Lowe was involved in a sex scandal. It involved a videotape of him having sex with a 16-year-old girl in Georgia, where the age of consent at the time was 14 years old. A second part of the tape was leaked, showing Lowe and a friend having sex with a young American model in a hotel room in Paris. This recording was sold, becoming one of the first commercially available celebrity sex tapes. Despite the damage to his reputation, Lowe’s career eventually rebounded and he has even made fun of himself on two appearances on the sketch comedy show “Saturday Night Live”. His mother, grandmother and great-grandmother all suffered from breast cancer, with his mother unfortunately passing away from the disease in late 2003. As a result, he is an advocate for breast cancer awareness, and was the first male spokesman for the 2000 Lee National Demin Day fundraiser, which raises funds for breast cancer education and research.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1985, he won the Award “Golden Raspberry Award” in the category of “Worst Supporting Actor.”
- In 2000, he won the award for “Satellite Awards” in the category of “Best Cast – Television Series.”
- In 2001, 2002, and 2003 he won the awards from “Screen Actors Guild Awards” in the category of “Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series.”
- He started getting noticed at a very early age of 15 after doing the show for 1 and a half years. After the role, he was offered several other roles, which he did and appreciated. He has done several famous American tv shows and then went to movies. He is a well known Hollywood actor who is now endorsed by FOX studio.
- He was also awarded the best teen performer back in 2008 and since the list of awards kept pouring to him.
- Lowe started a podcast titled Literally! In the summer of 2020, with Rob Lowe